Make a lasting impression on the Virginia Peninsula and surrounding communities by providing youth the skills and encouragement to graduate from high school with a plan for the future to live as healthy and productive citizens.
BGCVP’s Quality Standards – Our Top Priorities
- Environment of safety and protection.
- Treat confidential information appropriately.
- Facilities are clean, orderly, and organized.
- Show kindness to all.
- Prioritize personal relationships and emotional connections.
- Recognize and thank above and beyond expectations; Reward frequently.
- Allow and encourage involvement.
- Value accomplishments and share progress.
- Effectively work toward the organization’s mission.
- Timely communication: Phone and e-mail responses, thank you letters, member or donor needs.
- Make it easy to volunteer, join as a member, donate, or get involved in multiple ways.
- Remain organized.
- Be informed on all aspects of the organization to properly address a situation.
- We work for or with kids! Create a positive, happy atmosphere that encourages people to enjoy themselves.
- Develop a magnetic culture that others want to join.
- While this is serious work, don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Remember why you started working for Boys & Girls Clubs.
Honor & Memorial
VOLUNTEERS MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Special Event Volunteer
Service Projects Volunteer
Schedule A Tour
Be An Advocate
Advocacy is important to all non-profits. We need people to learn about our work and why it’s critical. Currently, we serve 6,000 children, ages 6-18, across the Peninsula. Nationally, 54% of alumni say that the Club saved their lives. Share our story to make a difference in other children’s lives.
BGCVP is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and donations are tax-deductible as permitted by law. Our tax identification number is 54-0538202.